I'm a web designer/developer living in Brisbane.
Photography started when I was a kid with a happy-snap film camera for Christmas, to a film SLR at college with a lot of black and white film and processing, to selling everything to buy a Fuji digital happy-snap, to a Casio happy-snap to finally (and a very happy finally) a Canon 450D a couple of years ago.
And now I've found myself re-buying all the filters, lens, tripods etc that I sold with the film SLR... funny how it all comes round again?
I've just started experimenting with some landscape photography, trying to make full use of the Queensland coast at sunrise & sunset.
The next project is some star trails - just need to find the right spot...oh, and a much better tripod ;) there's always something to buy...
Hope you enjoy my images!
- organize: built in flickr image manager
- Photostream: my photostream
About This Site
I lurve flickr but sometimes find it a bit clunky to view lots of images...
The plan was to build an image viewer that would show the large images of a 'set' to the biggest possible size the users browser would go to. By displaying the set in one window, I was hoping to show the images as a sequence as most are grouped by shoot.
This is also the 1st site I've built using jQuery rather than MooTools so it's a bit of a personal challenge too.
Now for the techy stuff: the site is written in asp.net using:
- jQuery: for all that funky browser stuff
- Flickr.Net api library: for getting my photo's out of flickr
- flickr: for photo hosting
There are a couple of plugins/tutorials that are worth a mention too:
- mouse wheel scroll: triggers the left/right scrolling via the mouse
- jQuery Lightbox: lightbox for large image display
Trying to keep this current: not blagging or gear obsessed, just seemed a good place to keep a list (in case anything goes walk about...)
- Canon EOS 450D
- Canon EOS 60D
- Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
- Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS
- Canon Speedlite 430EX II
Shops and Services
Bit of promotion for local business:
- F16 Camera Service: based up in Redcliffe, these chaps offer the best (and cheapest) sensor clean in the Brisbane area.
- Rainer's Camera House: don't know how they do it, but Rainer's always come up best in terms of price for new gear.